[Sunhelp] SunOS 4.1.3 & long file names & tar

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Sat Nov 20 00:23:28 CST 1999

Can somebody explain how it "breaks" the "standard"?  I just tried to untar
the sgmltools source on Solaris7 and it didn't work, but when I used the
gnu-tar that I just compiled it worked fine.  I'd sort of like to see what I
can do to fix this, so that it works with either(any?) version of tar.  The
error that Solaris7 tar gives me is 'tar: directory checksum error', if
you're interested.  Thanks,
	Greg