[Sunhelp] Anybody compiled NAS with Solaris7?

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Tue Nov 9 00:53:10 CST 1999

I'd heard that a million times, but since cc EXISTED (and since I don't grok
"sunspeak") I didn't understand the error.  Now for some hard stuff.  Can I
resize slices "on the fly" as in without re-installing?  I'm trying to
install gcc, and it's running out of room on the root slice, so I either
need to make that bigger, or tell pkgadd where to stick itself.  I'll go
read some man pages (boy, those are fun:) on pkgadd, and perhaps format, but
I'd still appreciate anybodies input on whether or not I can do that.
Thanks again,
	Greg

> Basically - you just need to install a compiler.  Sun doesent include
> one by default (but I hear rumors they may give out gcc and some other
> GNU stuff on a "FreeWare"-type CD with Sol8..)

You'd think that and OS that they were giving to promote DEVELOPMENT on
would come with a compiler.  Does this seem strange to anybody else, or just
me?
	Greg

P.S.  I'll just say thanks again Bill, for being here for all of us trying
to learn about SPARCs and Suns, and for answering so many silly questions
from people like me.