[Sunhelp] Anybody compiled NAS with Solaris7?

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Mon Nov 8 22:46:41 CST 1999

I decided I'd try to install XEMACS this weekend, since I've heard that it's
nicer than the X window mode of EMACS, and becuase I've never used it.
sunfreeware.com had all of the external libraries, except for NAS.  So,
source code it is, if only it were so easy.  I'm using the cc program from
/usr/ucb/cc as a compiler, and make from /usr/ccs/bin/make.  I'm assuming
that these came with Solaris, since I don't recall installing them by hand
(and I wouldn't put things is such strange directories).  Anyway, the error
I get is something like

rm -f main.o
cc -c -O -Xc -xF -xcg92  -I. -I../include -I../../include
-I../../usr.include -I/usr/openwin/include  -Dsun -Dsparc -DSVR4
-DSYSV    -DINCLUDE_ALLOCA_H  main.c
/usr/ucb/cc:  language optional software package not installed

And it does this for a whole BUNCH of files (I can capture output, but I
don't think that it's relevant).  Anybody know what's causing this, and/or
how to fix it?  The documentation for this package is REALLY bad, so I
haven't dug up anything on my own.  Thanks,
	Greg