[Sunhelp] Solaris and NT

ds ds at primenet.com
Mon Nov 8 20:26:40 CST 1999

Sun makes a product called "PC Netlink", you can find it at
http://www.sun.com/interoperability/netlink/.  If you order a Enterprise
level server you get a copy of this free with the server.  We received
two copies and it works pretty good... notice I said pretty good.  We
ran into a problem placing it into a NT domain as a standard server.  It
always wanted to either be a PDC or BDC.  We found it best just to make
it a PDC and go on.

PC Netlink provides native NT networking services as part of Solaris,
not a emulator.

(sorry to make this sound like a sales pitch... just passing info)

Email:	ds at primenet.com
Web:	http://radsl-sullinger.phx.primenet.com/
"As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD"