[Sunhelp] RE: Sparc Server4/490

Rick Copeland rcopeland at corp.jps.net
Thu May 20 15:53:16 CDT 1999

Wendell,

Thanks for responding, sounds like you have some experiance with these
machines!  The following list is how the boards are in my 4/490:

1. DATARAM 64701  (set to 0)
2. 501-1333 ecc 32meg (set to 2)
3. empty
4. 501-1381 cpu
5. 501-1532 cgsix (piggy back)
6. 501-1217 SCSI
7. 501-1333 ecc 32meg (set to 1)
8. empty
9. 501-1539 IPI-2 controller
10. thru 16. empty

I have tried to connect up a known good 19 color monitor to the system but I
get a single line of garbage on the screen.  I have also consoled into the
serial port "A" with my laptop, all the tests come back OK (POST) except at
the end it shows that there is no memory (shows all zeros).  The DATARAM
board is a second source memory board that was in the machine when I got it
and has not been moved.  It has a total of 128 megs (32 x 4meg simms).

I will have to check out the jumpers on the backplane when I get home.

Thanks,

Rick Copeland