[Sunhelp] format parameters for ST32550N and IBM DCHS-34550 needed

Richard E Ravich rer40 at eng.amdahl.com
Fri May 14 12:42:38 CDT 1999

Hi,

As of Solaris 2.5 (maybe it was 2.4, I don't remember), format.dat entries
are not required to make things work.  I suspect that if you do a boor -r
from the OK prompt, then the other drives should be seen and device nodes
will be built for them.

If you want to do it without taking the system down use the following two
commands:

drvconfig
disks

They accomplish the same thing.