[SPARCbook] Ultrabook OBP 3.1.8

Helena Soderholm helsod at algonet.se
Sun Jan 25 09:08:41 CST 2004

Thank you Paul and all that responded for your help. I experimented with
the resolution a bit and made a script that ran throught them so that I
could restore the display. I didn't manage to get 1024x1280 to work with
the Tadpole commands, but now it works if I use OBP. I jsut Stop-A and
issue 1280-mon before the boot starts then I issue boot again. It is not
very elegant but it will have to do for now. 24-bit colour has to be
disabled but it is so much more pleasant when writing code with
1024x1280 and then I hav no use for 24 bit color anyway. The TFT is much
better in its native resolution.

I whish the Ultrabook had the Creator 3D option though. That would have
1280 and 24 bit I guess, like the Ultra2.

Now I can use the Ultrabook as a very silent and not space consuming
Ultra 1 in a small package (for an Ultra). The external SCSI cd makes more
of a rcket than the computer actually.

BTW How do I make the Ultrabook recognise my Swedish keyboard when plugged
in externally? That used to be plug and play on the Ultra 2 if I remember
correctly. Aren't the machine supposed to recognise some dip switches?
Can I set it up manually?

Thanks,
Peter