[SPARCbook] Ultrabook OBP 3.1.8

sunder sunder at sunder.net
Sun Jan 25 12:06:45 CST 2004

Hi Peter,

> the Tadpole commands, but now it works if I use OBP. I jsut Stop-A and
> issue 1280-mon before the boot starts then I issue boot again. It is not
> very elegant but it will have to do for now. 24-bit colour has to be

You might want to look into creating an NVRAMRC and setting the OBP to use
it.  I've not done this in many years, so I'm very rusty, but head on over
to docs.sun.com and look the documentation on the open boot prom... From
what I recall, any forth commands you add to the nvramrc should execute on
power up before booting...

> I whish the Ultrabook had the Creator 3D option though. That would have
> 1280 and 24 bit I guess, like the Ultra2.

You might just be able to buy it, I remember some uBooks had this option,
but no idea what the details are.  I think (i.e. might be wrong) that it
sits inside one of the hard drive slots...  I did try to purchase some RAM
for mine when I had it, but it was very expensive, so I gave up on upgrades
other than the hard drive...

> BTW How do I make the Ultrabook recognise my Swedish keyboard when plugged
> in externally? That used to be plug and play on the Ultra 2 if I remember
> correctly. Aren't the machine supposed to recognise some dip switches?
> Can I set it up manually?

It should recognize any type4/5/6 keyboard plugged in automatically - but
I've never had experience with non-USA keyboards, so I don't know what to
tell you there.