[SPARCbook] Attn: Rich Kulawiec

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Jan 20 17:36:15 CST 2003

Rich Kulawiec <rsk at gsp.org> wrote:

> 1. Well, if I have annoyed you or anyone else today, I just paid for
> it with an hour of cold-sweat panic.  "k-huhn.com" is not only not
> listed in my domain denial database, it has never been listed (nor is
> there the slightest reason for it to be).  So following some furious
> "OhMyGodIHorkedSendmailOhNoOhNoNoNONOOOOOO" on four different mail
> servers, I found out the problem: it's not you.  It's siteprotect.com
> whom you are apparently getting your mail through (and thus sending
> mail from).

Whoops! :)

I've been meaning to get my domain off of their servers - they were
useful for the 3 months I (and my job situation) were in limbo and I had
to get into someplace cheap.

I fully understand, siteprotect.com is evil, no doubt.  My spam receipt
traffic has gone up twofold since I signed on with them.  Funny thing
is, they don't even bother disguiseing it - I get mail to
[user-account-name]@lsh127.siteprotect.com.

I *really* need to get that domain on my own server again.  It's not
like I don't have the connection or hardware, or time for that matter -
just haven't got a "round tuit".  This clinched it for me though...

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."