[SPARCbook] Solaris 9 on a 3gx ?

Federico Lucifredi flucifredi at acm.org
Thu Nov 28 13:23:48 CST 2002

Hello Jonathan,
    I was wondering how it works on Solaris - device drivers are obsolete
between different (kernel) versions ? I do not see why the old weitek FB
driver does not work anymore... HM, let me rephrase that: "as a UNIX user I
wonder exactly what's happening. As a Windows user, I am perfectly aware
things never work between different releases" ;-)

    I just finished downloading the 9.x CDs (I had to use a download manager
even on my DSL - they are waaay too big =) - so, we'll see what happens once
the new HD gets here....

    -Federico