[SPARCbook] Solaris 9 on a 3gx ?

Federico Lucifredi flucifredi at acm.org
Thu Nov 28 13:26:32 CST 2002

Actually I remember a while ago I was sent the linux/solaris device driver
porting kit by Sun.....

I wonder how hard such an enterprise might be - I am a strong C programmer,
but I have no knowledge of solaris device driver internals.... And this
would also require knowing about linux or Net/OpenBSD device driver design
(I guess the latter is probably simpler, but even then, I shiver at the lack
of documentation.... it implies a larger time committment to decode
everything yourself ;-)

-Federico

    -Federico