[SPARCbook] SparkBook Woes

Bob Bramwell bbramwel at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 6 21:53:24 CST 2002

Sounds messy :-(  That does indeed sound like the SCSI disk driver.  Obviously
you will have to find some other way to boot up the SB, which you should be able
to do from any Sparc SCSI installation CD-ROM - not sure about the 512byte block
read requirement on SB3's, but it's worth a shot with whatever you've got. Then
you *might* get away with simply copying an appropriate driver back into
/kernel/drv, if you've got an appropriate driver.  You might also check in
/kernel/drv and in /var/sadm/patch: it is possible that the process of putting
the 2.5.1 upgrades on left the old driver lying around, or that the patch
backout information is intact and you can simply remove the patch(es) that are
causing the problem.

I believe the Tadpole stuff found its way onto one or more of the SUN Solaris
installation CDs (like Solaris 7) but I can't guarantee that.

Don't suppose you had a backup, by any chance?

Good luck!

--
Bob Bramwell     60 Baker Cr. NW | Microsoft does best when behind;
ProntoLogical    Calgary, AB     | once they catch up they don't break ahead