[SPARCbook] RE: RDI Ultrabook proprietary connector

scott.archer at vaisala.com scott.archer at vaisala.com
Mon Dec 9 13:55:12 CST 2002

[Peter on 28 Nov 02]
Another thing. The tiny SCSI connector on the Ultrabook is that a
Tadpole proprietary connector or is it a standard one that I could
possibly buy in a well equipped computer store?
The manual seem to indicate it is standard, but I dont think I've ever
seen one like it before.
Any tip on where they can be had??

Thanks
Peter
[Scott Archer on 09 Dec 02]
Hi Peter -

I received my RDI UB170 last week and checked the SCSI-type connector
located
below the PC card ports: there's a small white floppy disk icon stenciled
below
the connector, so I'm assuming that's the 15-pin male ext FDD drive called
out
in the hardware guide. I've never seen this drive or its cable: thankfully
Solaris
rarely needs a FDD.

My unit has the 2 HD and battery config, which I'll convert to a 3-HD config
for
the test lab: we have an app that uses a Sol8 system HD with Sybase ASE
v12.5
and 2 mirrored HDs. The OEM IBM 5.0Gb drives are adequate but research
continues
on using the larger internal notebook drives.

BR
Scott