[SPARCbook] PCWLAN interface??

Len Rose len at netsys.com
Fri Aug 9 07:05:09 CDT 2002

I used a wavelan card and a Tadpole 3GX back in 1999 at an IETF
meeting.. It was the old 2mb version, and the drivers simply
worked.. I don't have the wavelan card any longer but I seem to
remember just configuring the network parameters. I've also
gotten the DEC RoamAbout cards working as well.

Thank You.

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 07:48:16AM -0400, Michael Schiller wrote:

> Ok, I remember when those discussions were NEW on the list, and as I
> remembered NOBODY could say "I got it working" in fact it just
> reconfirmed by belief that I've actually gotten further than anyone else
> reports. Reports being the operative word. I was just now hoping that
> somebody actually had gotten it working, so could say one way or the
> other, as I really don't want to buy an external antenna for this card
> only to find out it doesn't work. As I said, I've inserted the card, and
> had it recognized by both the hardware, AND the OS. I was able to
> ifconfig pcwlan0 but without an antenna I can get no further.

[snipped]