[SPARCbook] SB3 and short reads

sparcbook at sunhelp.org sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Sat Nov 25 23:15:17 CST 2000

On Sat, 25 Nov 2000, Ken Hansen wrote:

> I was thinking of the connector between the sled and the laptop, not the
> sled and the internal drive...

<snip>
> HTH, good-luck,

Your luck was, apparently, more useful then any other advice I've gotten
tonight.

I went back to check probe-scsi and probe-scsi-all, and to try booting
from the external drive.  Lo and behold, both sleds now boot the OS fine,
no problems, no hiccups, nothing.

I suppose I should just chalk this up to One Of Those Things, and let it
ride.

I do have one last question - mostly a clarifiction.  When I execute
"shutdown -g0", the system works for a while, then comes to a point where
it says to enter root password or ctrl-d for maintenance.  At this point,
I do a stop-a and a power-off.  Is this the proper point to do this?  It's
in single-user at this point, as best I can tell, so I don't see why not.

Thanks for the clarification and the advice, all around.

-------Patrick M Geahan------pmgeahan at home.com-------ICQ:3784715------
Quote of the Week: "Where in the bible does it say `God so loved the
world that he congested bandwidth by forwarding email to everyone in
his address book?'" - Tom Sevart in alt.folklore.urban