[SPARCbook] SB3 and short reads

Ken Hansen sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Sat Nov 25 22:42:27 CST 2000

I was thinking of the connector between the sled and the laptop, not the
sled and the internal drive...

Since the SCSI controller appears fine (ext. devices work OK), the drive
sleds appear OK (work in other machines), it seems that this unit has
something bizzare going on between the sleds and the laptop core. This is
further supported by the fact that otherwise fully functional sleds, with
pre-installed OSs can not boot/function properly with this laptop core.

What does the OpenBoot PROM say if you do a probe-scsi command when a sled
is installed - is the drive identified properly, or are there strange
occurances/messages?

HTH, good-luck,

Ken