[SPARCbook] SB3 and short reads

sparcbook at sunhelp.org sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Sat Nov 25 21:34:57 CST 2000

On Sat, 25 Nov 2000, Ken Hansen wrote:

> Do pre-installed sleds pulled from other SPARCbooks boot this laptop?

Nope.  Both sleds had a good install before I stuck them in this one.

> Can you use an external drive and run like that (as a test)?

I shall try that.

> Boot from CD? (To prove SCSI controller not hosed?)

Yep.  Botted and installed from.

> Are you sure the internal contacts on this SPARCbook drive sled are OK?

In the sled itself?  Since it workds in other machines, I would believe
so.

-------Patrick M Geahan------pmgeahan at home.com-------ICQ:3784715------
Quote of the Week: "Where in the bible does it say `God so loved the
world that he congested bandwidth by forwarding email to everyone in
his address book?'" - Tom Sevart in alt.folklore.urban