[SPARCbook] (no subject)

Matt Evans sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 10 01:31:26 CST 2000

Broadwing!! Wow.

I didn't think anyone had actually heard of them :)

How long have you been there ?

I worked for a company for a while called ntr.net, based in louisville,
Ky.  IXC bought us, then Cincy Bell bought IXC.  My impression was that
ntr.net later became broadwing.. but maybe its just one of many of
broadwings properties.  At any rate, now www.ntr.net is pointing to
broadwing, and most of the people still at the old ntr by the time it had
been bought a few times were "broadwing" employees.

I guess your work experience was vastly different than mine.  After being
bought out twice, we basically had 3-5 layers of idiot management above
us.  Everyone semicluefull got out while they could :)

I'd love to hear all about what you do for them, and if you're familiar at
all with the louisville, kY property.  I had a hand in its initial
construction and some of the systems (both hardware and software).

Oh, and thanks for running the SB list. :)

Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 05:19:31PM +1100, d neal wise wrote:
> > ps - bill... you needed the truck to handle 23"x79" racks right? :) &
>
> Actually its a Kia Sportage.  Fits four IBM RS-6000 model 530 (big honkin
> deskside boxes) machines, 4 dumb terminals, 2 boxes of tapes and manuals,
> just fine, but I could barely shift. 8-)
>
> > given that you're in austin you could always try IBM :)
>
> Ugh.  No.  I'd rather NOT work there.  Too many friends have, I've
> heard too many stories.
>
> I'm currently working at Broadwing (part of Cincinnatti Bell) and am
> very happy there.
>
> Bill
>
> --
> Bill Bradford
> mrbill at mrbill.net
> Austin, TX

Matt Evans     email: mevans at cse.unl.edu      web: www.loathe.com/~bmajik
"And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that
every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."
	- Genesis 6:5