[SPARCbook] passwd cracking

paul daley sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 8 13:07:27 CST 2000

  Archimage,

It's not the patches we sell for $350 It's the complete RTU OS. The reason
we don't put the patched on the ftp site is a matter
of support. We do not support an OS that we did not sell and license.
  Tadpole understands your plight and at some point we may very well put
the frame buffers out there but,
until we no longer have commitments to offer the OS as an upgrade it won't
happen.

Paul
Tadpole

At 09:08 AM 11/8/00 -0600, you wrote:
>My understanding is that 2.7 patches are available from Tadpole -- at
>the low, low cost of only $350.
>
>I personally think that's a crock.  Heck, we bought the (3GX) machines
>for $400, most of us, as hobbyists/students.  I wish Tadpole would
>recognize that, and make the patches available for old machines for
>free.
>
>Just my opinion.
>
>Archimage
>
>Ken Hansen wrote:
> >
> > If/when Tadpole makes extensions/patches/etc for Solaris 7 I will probably
> > upgrade one of my SPARCbooks (up to three now, last one is my
> > spare/emergency machine) to it, but that will be as much out of
> curiosity as
> > opposed to a real need.

Paul C Daley
After Market Sales