[SPARCbook] passwd cracking

Bill Bradford sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 8 16:32:56 CST 2000

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 09:08:08AM -0600, The Archimage wrote:
> My understanding is that 2.7 patches are available from Tadpole -- at
> the low, low cost of only $350.
> I personally think that's a crock.  Heck, we bought the (3GX) machines
> for $400, most of us, as hobbyists/students.  I wish Tadpole would
> recognize that, and make the patches available for old machines for
> free.

You got the machines for $400 because someone wanted to dump the lot
of them that they had, at cheap prices.  Basically, you got lucky.
Think of how much a SPARCbook costs *from Tadpole*, and their $350
charge for the OS patches isnt that bad.  Be grateful that you dont
have to pay for the 2.6 patches.

Demanding that Tadpole give you free OS patches would be like buying
a used Dell 486 computer from someone for $50, and then demanding that
Dell give you a copy of Windows 2000 for free because you got the machine
cheap...

Just MY opinion...

Bill

--