[SPARCbook] passwd cracking

Ken Hansen sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 8 08:11:51 CST 2000

No great insight into Solaris 8 problems, but as a general rule, Solaris has
gotten bigger and a bit more bloated as it matured (haven't we all!)...
Besides, Solaris 2.6 work great, and is a reasonably recent release as far
as running publicly available binaries.

If/when Tadpole makes extensions/patches/etc for Solaris 7 I will probably
upgrade one of my SPARCbooks (up to three now, last one is my
spare/emergency machine) to it, but that will be as much out of curiosity as
opposed to a real need.

Since Sun4c machines are no longer supported on Solaris 8, I think Solaris
2.6 and 7 will remain popular releases for a reasonable time (IMHO only).

Ken