[SPARCbook] PCMCIA hds, PCFS, network, IDE

Rainer Canavan canavan at triton.informatik.uni-bonn.de
Tue Mar 28 09:34:50 CST 2000

[...]

> Hmmm.  Here's another thought, how about a 3Com PCMCIA network card?  If you
> can score a couple you should be able to transfer files easily with an
> uplink cable.  The 3C589b and 3C589c should be natively supported in both
> OSs, making setup a breeze.  I had a 3C589 working in my 3GS once, but
> dropped it in favor of the built in ethernet - then lost the AUI drop cable.
> Hopefully the replacement will b arriving soon [droooll].

I do have cables + trancievers, one each at home and at work, but, well,
that's were they were then. I have already bought an 3c589c through ebay,
and it should arrive next week. Using the callunas has another advantage:
One can carry them to other places without the bulky notebook, power supply,
tranciever, tranciever cable etc...

> >BTW, has anyone bought one of the SCSI-IDE converters from ADTX? I failed
> >to negotiate an acceptable method of payment, as they don't accept credit
> >cards...
>
> Do they really expect to make a lot of sales?  Christ, even I'm thinking
> about getting a merchant account through my local bank - and I only do
> occasional selling.  I've not heard of them, do you have a URL or something?
>
> Kurt

http://www.adtx.co.jp. They were willing to sell me one of these bridges,
but I couldn't find any local bank that could say any definitive word about
wire transfers to japan. I still want one of these though, even at the $199
price point they quoted.

Rainer