[SPARCbook] PCFS lockup

Kurt Huhn kurthuhn at k-huhn.com
Tue Mar 28 10:36:40 CST 2000

What about Samba?   Or FTP?

I recently sold off all of my external superfloppies and "transportable"
hard drives because I found myself not using them.  Once you get these
things on a  network, file copy procedures become a cake walk - instead of
an excersise in futility.

However, if you really want to be able to read a unix file system under
Windows (or DOS for that matter), you'll want to find a good mounting
routine for Windows.  I recall that I used such a beast to mount a Linux
drive on my Windows system once, but I can't remember the name.  It was a
command line program that ran in a DOS window on the desktop.  Run a search
at Tucows and you'll probably come up with 3 or 4 such things.

Kurt