[SPARCbook] 3gx in a coma: meaning of startup codes?

Tim Strobell aka Griffy griffy at math.umd.edu
Sun Jan 2 12:38:44 CST 2000

Howdy Gentlemen,

I've been using my Sparcbook for several months now without a problem...until
yesterday.
After rebooting the machine (60+ days of uptime), it seems to be dead.
The green power light is on, HD has spun up, but no display.  Pause-R will
reboot the machine, but Pause-O won't work. The display sequence goes 0D0 007
0C0, and there it hangs.
I've looked through the archive and the FAQ; the only thing close was a
machine stuck at 0D0 which indicated a half-dead battery. I've cracked open
the bugger before, so I'm willing to try yanking out the battery -- but it's
been on AC power only for the last few months.

Suggestions?

Tim

Tim Strobell aka Griffy, griffy at math.umd.edu
Assistant Sysadmin and Server Janitor, Math Dept., University of MD