[SPARCbook] Callunacard mystery.

Magnus Sjoegren dat98msj at student3.lu.se
Fri Sep 10 15:28:15 CDT 1999

  Article: <Pine.GSO.4.05.9909101341340.18359-100000 at hackme.spy.org>
  Date:    Fri, 10 Sep 1999 13:43:57 -0600 (MDT)
  Author:  Scott D. Yelich <scott at scottyelich.com>

> My GS also crashes out of CDE when I use Star Office and other
> programs... so I think there are other things that make this machine be
> unstable.  I'll try star office on my 2.5.1 sparcbook and get back to
> the list eventually (I'm going to be travelling for a while).

I have not experienced this but maybe this patch could help:

T030014-01

>From readme:

Files included with this patch:

/usr/openwin/server/modules/ddxTADW9x00.so.1

Problem Description:

00492  Selecting a region with acroread can cause X-server to core dump.
       This is only apparent when running 16 or 32 bit colour.

This patch is not included in the bundle. There is also a
modem/ethernet pcmcia patch for various bugs named T030007-04 that is
not included in the bundle.

Cheers,
Magnus.

--