[SPARCbook] ipfilter madness

Thomas C. Meggs tom at plik.net
Fri Sep 10 19:48:06 CDT 1999

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here has setup NAT using ipfilter with their
sparcbooks? I have my sparcbook setup to do NAT for my LAN, it is a 3gx
running 2.5.1. After about a minute or so of establishing a ppp connection
to my ISP, the NAT works for about a minute or two, and then my sparcbook
ROYALLY crashes. The kernel spits out about a page of errors. Also, I've
gotten it to work for a slightly maintained ammount of time, but thats
only with my sparcbook in console mode(no x running), and also anytime I
try to run ANYTHING it core dumps. I got my 3gx to recover by pulling out
the phone cord and letting it sit for a minute. Anyway, if anyone has any
ideas on this, please let me know.

Regards,
Tom