[SPARCbook] Re: IRC

Thomas C. Meggs tom at plik.net
Fri Sep 3 13:29:09 CDT 1999

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Stuart Duncan wrote:

> *grin*  Looks like I've started a bit of a flame war here.
> What are you saing about Linux?  I don't know about the channel Linux,
> EfNet's a little difficult to reach from my end of the network, so I
> don't normally use it.  But I know that *very wide grin* no other
> operating system in the world compares with Linux, so I'd immagine the
> people in #Linux would be pretty good aswell.  :P

#Linux on EFNet sucks. It's a constant flood of idiotic questions and
arrogant people, and in general it is very hard to find answers to any
serious questions you may be looking for. Personally, my favourite Linux
channel on EFNet is #LinuxOS. There are a lot of intelligent nice people
in there, and will usually gladly help you answer any question that can
not be readily found by RTFM. Everything from discussion about how many
rods and cones your eye has to analyzations of Linux's scheduler. Of
course, there are a fair ammount of idiots there too, and a fair ammount
of stupid questions. But most of those people get kicked. [;

/tom