[SPARCbook] Re: Possible Source for Mini-26 to AUI cables

Stephen Dowdy dowdy at cs.colorado.edu
Sat Aug 14 14:09:27 CDT 1999

I just can't resist with all the OS Religious warring going on...
("Solaris makes for a much better server OS..." -- like i'm using my laptop
as a server....)

> From: Robert Barnes <barnesr at erols.com>
> The 3GX can make a very nice router.  1 ISDN, 2 analog (14.4 and PCMCIA card),
> and 2 ethernets (when using a 3COM PCMCIA card).  And Solaris 2.6 supports
> Variable Lenght Subnet Masking.  Add in ipfilter and you have a router that
> is better than a Cisco :)
> 					-bob

Yeah and with Solaris, the better heavy-load server OS, you can run your
Enterprise Payroll system on it, too!!!!! ;-}

Just don't let anyone close the lid, D'OH !!!

--stephen
--
Stephen Dowdy - Systems Administrator - CS Dept - Univ of Colorado, Boulder
dowdy at cs.colorado.edu - 303-492-6196 - http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~dowdy/