[rescue] [geeks] Hardware Recommendations for upgrading sunhelp.org?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 13:36:11 CDT 2018

Bill,

I'd build put the FX-8320e cpu/board, esp. if you've got surplus DDR3 ram for
it. I'm very pleased with mine, and it is low-ish power so a small PS and case
could get you going for $50 or so.

Micro center has cheap SATA3 HDs if you need any, and small SSDs for OS are
$20 for 120 Gig last I looked at microcenter.

It's a nice CPU - I just wanted cores for VMs, performance wasn't a driver -
and I've been very happy with mine so far.

Lionel