[rescue] Desk-height DEC "half rack"?

alex d azd30 at telus.net
Fri Jan 20 10:31:10 CST 2017

> Does anybody recognize/remember what I'm talking about?  If so, what was the
> official DEC part name / description for this?  And most important, where can
> I get one, or something very similar, nowdays?

Yes. It was an option for the LSI11/03 and the LSI11/23, and it was called a desk side enclosure (for the part number look into the DEC 1983 Handbook).

Designed to house the CPU and dual RX floppy drives, it's often shown in DEC literature with a terminal sitting on top...

Nothing magic about it. it's basically a 19" rack. if you want the DEC one, it won't be cheap. I would look around for an ex. audio rack (like a roadie case)
or an ex-server room rack. They can be had for a good deal, and are usually high quality

cheers
alex