[rescue] sun software repository ??

john jferg977 at aol.com
Fri Dec 29 08:35:09 CST 2017

I've been able to put two fully functional SPARC10's together one
running on hard drives and the other on SCSI2SD.B  I thought it might be
interesting to try to benchmark the performance, especially to see what
effect differing sizes of SWAP space might have.B  Providing vast swap
space is pretty easy with the SCSI2SD adapter since the V5 version can
offer 4 SCSI ID's hence 4 2Gig drives and I have nowhere near enough
stuff to fill these, so vacant space can be used for swap.

so the question is, does anyone know where i can find benchmark software
suitable to evaluate SunOS 4.1.4 performance?

Second question: Sun made 100baseT Sbus cards.B  They look interesting
and are available for cheap but require SunFastEthernet 1.1 software if
one expects the thing to work. Googling doesn't produce much hope of
finding it.B  Any ideas there?

john