[rescue] My Sparcstation Voyager is disfunctional

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Fri Dec 29 10:02:03 CST 2017

Hi Daniel

As per other Sparcs, you should be able to hook up a serial console and leave
the keyboard unconnected to see any diagram messages.

Peter

Sent from my iPad

> On 29 Dec 2017, at 12:13, Daniel Wetzler <danielwetzler at appleinfo.de>
wrote:

> Dear Sunhelpers :-),
>

> I have a problem with my Sun Sparc Voyager, which was functional about 2
years ago but isn't today.

> After connecting it to the power and pressing the start button it sounds
like a hardddrive begins to spin but that's all what happens.

> The green light at the front does not light. I opened the case to see
whether there is a obviously defective part on the motherboard but it isn't.

> The motherboard is clean. The processor begins to warm up during powering
up, so it seems that it gets power.

> Do you have an idea what could be the problem ?
>
> Do you know where to get more informations about the Voyager, in best case
instruction for repairing it (for example from a Sun Service handbook) ?