[rescue] sun software repository ??

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Fri Dec 29 10:00:25 CST 2017

Hi John

I may have it, will take a look over next few days, if you do not hear from
me, give me a nudge....!

Peter

Sent from my iPad

> On 29 Dec 2017, at 14:35, john <jferg977 at aol.com> wrote:
>
> I've been able to put two fully functional SPARC10's together one running on
hard drives and the other on SCSI2SD.B  I thought it might be interesting to
try to benchmark the performance, especially to see what effect differing
sizes of SWAP space might have.B  Providing vast swap space is pretty easy
with the SCSI2SD adapter since the V5 version can offer 4 SCSI ID's hence 4
2Gig drives and I have nowhere near enough stuff to fill these, so vacant
space can be used for swap.

> so the question is, does anyone know where i can find benchmark software
suitable to evaluate SunOS 4.1.4 performance?

> Second question: Sun made 100baseT Sbus cards.B  They look interesting and
are available for cheap but require SunFastEthernet 1.1 software if one
expects the thing to work. Googling doesn't produce much hope of finding it.B
Any ideas there?