[rescue] WWWIIIRRRESSS!, was Re: Cray listing on E-bay

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Fri Dec 8 14:31:28 CST 2017

> On Dec 8, 2017, at 12:57 PM, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
>
>  Of course it was immediately turned into a big joke around here and a
> few other mailing lists, but I assure you there was nothing at all funny
> about it.

Thanks for resharing the story, Dave.

How times have changed.  If the same thing happened	today, the landlord would
more likely think that youbre going to start a business and get rich.  They
would try to befriend you instead of calling the cops.  Then YOU would kick
THEM out of the house for suggesting that youbd someday become a suit.