[rescue] WWWIIIRRRESSS!, was Re: Cray listing on E-bay

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Dec 8 15:12:15 CST 2017

On 12/08/2017 03:31 PM, Dan Sikorski wrote:
>> On Dec 8, 2017, at 12:57 PM, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Of course it was immediately turned into a big joke around here and a
>> few other mailing lists, but I assure you there was nothing at all funny
>> about it.
>
> Thanks for resharing the story, Dave.
>
> How times have changed.  If the same thing happened	today, the landlord would
> more likely think that youbre going to start a business and get rich.  They
> would try to befriend you instead of calling the cops.  Then YOU would kick
> THEM out of the house for suggesting that youbd someday become a suit.

  Heh, are you kidding?  That was at the very end of the dot-com bubble,
when simply walking down the street wearing a tech vendor T-shirt would
get you job offers (and blowjob offers).  These idiots were just that
much out of touch.  And it's not like they were THAT old; they were
maybe in their early-mid 40s.  They were just stupid and useless.

              -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA