[rescue] StorEdge 3500 access

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Tue Dec 27 08:06:05 CST 2016

On 12/26/2016 05:34 PM, Peter Stokes wrote:
> Hi Steve
>
> I can hunt the info out tomorrow as late now here in UK if no one comes up
> with the info. The serial is normally set for 38400 baud and is different
> pinout to the normal Sun console cable, from memory it has pins 2 and 3
> reversed to standard, but do not quote me.....
>
> I can also hunt out the sccli package for the in band connection which will
> also allow you to set the array up as you mention.

Peter,

Thanks. I did finally manage to get in. I was searching my "archives"
and came up with a solaris boot CD that sets up a maintenance
environment that includes "sccli." I was able to use that to set up the
"lan0" port on the array so I can connect to it again.

The bit about the cable being different fits what I saw elsewhere. I may
try the serial cable as well, just to see if I can make it work. The
Portmaster has a bunch of unused ports as well.

The "sccli" I have is for Solaris x86, and my hosts are Solaris Sparc,
and Linux, so at some point, a copy if the sccli package for either of
those would probably be useful.

For right now though, I have what I need to try and figure out the
configuration (again).

Steve