[rescue] StorEdge 3500 access

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Mon Dec 26 16:34:16 CST 2016

Hi Steve

I can hunt the info out tomorrow as late now here in UK if no one comes up
with the info. The serial is normally set for 38400 baud and is different
pinout to the normal Sun console cable, from memory it has pins 2 and 3
reversed to standard, but do not quote me.....

I can also hunt out the sccli package for the in band connection which will
also allow you to set the array up as you mention.

Peter

> On 26 Dec 2016, at 18:15, Steve Sandau <ssandau at gwi.net> wrote:
>
> I've had this StorEdge 3500 for a few years now, connected to a Sun X4100
running Ubuntu, and to a Sun V210 running Solaris 10.

> At some point in the past I was able to connect to the array and configure
it, but I can't figure out what I did.

> As I see it, there are three options: 1) serial port (I have it connected to
a PortMaster 2e), 2) a network connection (unconfigured), and 3) in-band
through either of the fiber connections.

> I have tried many configurations with the Portlaster with no success. I do
have it working with other Sun gear, including providing console access for
the V210. I read something about the cable being unusual. Anyone know more
about that?

> The other way that seems possible now is in-band communication, but I can't
seem to find the Linux or Sol10 package that contains the swccli package.

> Anyone have suggestions? I'm looking to reconfigure this so that I can use
it with the X4100 that I have and ayet-to-be-acquired X4100 M2.