[rescue] StorEdge 3500 access

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Mon Dec 26 12:15:51 CST 2016

I've had this StorEdge 3500 for a few years now, connected to a Sun
X4100 running Ubuntu, and to a Sun V210 running Solaris 10.

At some point in the past I was able to connect to the array and
configure it, but I can't figure out what I did.

As I see it, there are three options: 1) serial port (I have it
connected to a PortMaster 2e), 2) a network connection (unconfigured),
and 3) in-band through either of the fiber connections.

I have tried many configurations with the Portlaster with no success. I
do have it working with other Sun gear, including providing console
access for the V210. I read something about the cable being unusual.
Anyone know more about that?

The other way that seems possible now is in-band communication, but I
can't seem to find the Linux or Sol10 package that contains the swccli
package.

Anyone have suggestions? I'm looking to reconfigure this so that I can
use it with the X4100 that I have and ayet-to-be-acquired X4100 M2.

I'm sure there's a bunch of information here that I don't know and Ideas
I have not thought of.

Thanks.

Steve