[rescue] Linux wet paint, was Re: Spark10 CPU question (must fix - SPARC damnit :-) )

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 13:23:02 CST 2016

On 17 December 2016 at 22:54, Stefan Skoglund (lokal anvC$ndare)
<stefan.skoglund at agj.net> wrote:
> Haa, Sun made a fairly big commitment toward usability and accessibility
> in GNOME from version 1 until end of GNOME 2 development. Including
> writing a fair amount of the code in atk and the corresponding
> documentation.

Could you give me any direct pointers or examples, please? And what is
``atk''?

> Which the new tablet/smartphone (and javascript) metaphor of GNOME 3 the
> new developers basically just threw it all away

I have been taking them up on that recently. They do not see it that way.

> - it was believed
> simpler to redo Sun's work...

Which work exactly?

> Which means that GNOME 3 accessibility isnt up to what it should be.

Well true... but I tried G2 with a blind friend of mine and it really
was Not Good.

--
Liam Proven b" Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk b" Google Mail/Talk/Plus: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/Facebook/Flickr: lproven b" Skype/LinkedIn/AIM/Yahoo: liamproven
UK: +44 7939-087884 b" DR/WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal: +420 702 829 053