[rescue] Help needed with Sun V65x

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Tue Feb 18 13:30:02 CST 2014

> I don't get it because I read in more than one place that an X4540
> was the all-time killer high bandwidth ZFS box to the point there's
> nothing they can even be replaced with now that Oracle has put them
> to death.  I just cannot believe these were based on PC BIOS.

Once the OS is running, the BIOS is pretty much out of the loop.  It's
used by the OS for a few things - the ones I know of are mostly related
to major state chagnes, such as shutdown and suspend - but as far as I
know has nothing to do with anything that would bear on "killer high
bandwidth ZFS".

> But I am usually wrong about anything UNIX-related...

And I tend to be wrong more than usual about PC-related things.  I'm
sure someone will be kind enough to correct me if I've got this wrong.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org