[rescue] Help needed with Sun V65x

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Tue Feb 18 11:08:10 CST 2014

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 10:51:32AM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> They LOOK nice, but performance was never their strong suit, I think it was
> more about retaining market share from whitebox and OEM server vendors as
> clients jumped off Solaris/SPARC boxes...

I don't get it because I read in more than one place that an X4540 was the
all-time killer high bandwidth ZFS box to the point there's nothing they can
even be replaced with now that Oracle has put them to death. I just cannot
believe these were based on PC BIOS. But I am usually wrong about anything
UNIX-related...