[rescue] Help needed with Sun V65x

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 07:44:39 CST 2014

I think the USB DVD boot issue is a hardware/BIOS issue, as the drive
powers up and appears in the list of devices in the BIOS, but the CD-ROM
entry in the boot order list is skipped over when booting - the DVD drive
isn't even queried. I don't think the USB port is even USB 2.0 compliant.

The swapped DVD drive did mangle the list of IDE ports listed - one of the
device entries "disappeared" in the BIOS (Secondary IDE, Slave device
entry).

Right now the system has an old Windows Server 2003 install, I think I'll
try a 32 bit Ubuntu Desktop (that boots from CD).

I wonder if Anysystem.com would want it - they seem to have a thriving
business selling older systems - they could probably sell parts off this
brand-new system and turn a profit...

Who knows, work continues.

Lionel