[rescue] Help needed with Sun V65x

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Tue Feb 18 07:53:05 CST 2014

To clarify, I meant booting from a USB stick, not a USB DVD drive. I don't
know if that helps, but if you can, it's an option.

If you can get to the obp and disable autoboot and you have a CD or DVD
drive plugged in/installed and recognized you should be able to boot from it
with a command.  You shouldn't have to (probably cannot) depend on it to
search for a bootable drive like a PC. The S10 installation manual has info
on this and the obp manuals do also but they're a little harder to read.