[rescue] Help needed with Sun V65x

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Tue Feb 18 01:55:31 CST 2014

The USB install I did from instructions I scrounged from the net was not
perfect and took about 20 minutes of cleaning up broken packages
afterwards. It was easy since all the information is there in the log, but
it was annoying. Other people who tried USB seem to have the same issues. I
also seem to remember some problems with getting the USB installer to find
the package path. Nothing impossible obviously but if you go the USB route
you're going to need to have some patience and be willing to do a little
futzing around.

I just thought of it after reading Peter's comments, if someone with a
identical box near you could install on your drive and send you the drive
back and you would just plug it in and have an installed system ready to
customize and go...