[rescue] Help needed with Sun V65x

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Tue Feb 18 01:49:11 CST 2014

Hi Lionel

There was a DVD as an option on the V65x, it is an IDE one as you will realise
(pn 370-6043). The issue I found was that a lot of the DVDs are set to slave
on the IDE and this will need to be set to master as used on other Sun
systems. I would suggest you look to beg/borrow/steal(not really) a DVD from a
system which has just a DVD and SCSI disks, not one which has internal IDE
disks such as laptop etc.Example of Sun systems with similar config are
V120/V210/V240/V20Z.

I have some, but guess you are US based?

As you say most software for 10 came on DVD, but early versions did come on CD
as an option.

Peter
Peter Stokes
Ashlyn Computer Services