[rescue] Recycled P4 machines - Re: Fixed LCD's?

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Fri Feb 14 11:48:36 CST 2014

On 02/14/14 12:43, Andrew Hoerter wrote:
> Lots of people run OpenBSD firewalls on the ALIX boards:
>
> http://www.pcengines.ch/alix.htm
>
> Might be worth a look.  They top out at 3 Ethernet ports though, which
> might not be enough for you.

I could scrape by with three if I took the old legacy wireless-G router
offline.  But the reason I have two wireless routers up is the
wireless-N router is configured for all of the maximum-throughput N
options, which means older non-N-capable G clients can't connect to it
even in G mode.

Might be worth checking out the Atom hardware you mentioned though.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  phils at caerllewys.net