[rescue] Found an old Mac Mini

William Barnett-Lewis wlewisiii at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 12:59:54 CDT 2014

On 4 August 2014 Liam Proven (lproven at gmail.com) wrote:

>But the most interesting OS I ran on mine is MorphOS:
>http://www.morphos-team.net/
>
>There's a free demo but it self-throttles after half an hour. You need
>to pay to unlock it.

111.11 Euros to unlock it. Nope.

>Getting it on was a real trial -- it involved 2 versions of OS X,
>Drive Genius /and/ an Ubuntu 10.04 boot CD.

Just installed from the CD fine. Runs fine too.

>But basically MorphOS turns a G4 mini into a tiny, quiet, very fast
>Amiga. One of the fastest Amigas ever, in fact.

Yep, worked as advertised for that half hour. Nice fast Amiga. The
directory tree & everything reminded me of the A500 I once had and the
copy of FS-UAE I run now. Neat to be sure but not neat enough for that
much money. I've already replaced it with Xubuntu 12.04LTS.

--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.