[rescue] Help with SunFire V240 Server

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 17:32:09 CDT 2013

This is what I see:

{1} ok boot cdrom
Boot device: /pci at 1e,600000/ide at d/cdrom at 0,0:f  File and args:
Can't open boot device
{1} ok probe ide
ide ?
{1} ok probe-ide
  Device 0  ( Primary Master )
         Not Present
  Device 1  ( Primary Slave )
         Not Present
  Device 2  ( Secondary Master )
         Not Present
  Device 3  ( Secondary Slave )
         Not Present
That tells me the alias is correct, but the server isn't "seeing" the drive.

I now know the machine has 8 Sun DIMMs and 2x 1.5 GHz CPUs, since I ran
numerous diagnostics from the OBP prompt.

Lionel