[rescue] Help with SunFire V240 Server

mc68010 mc68010 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 16:54:29 CDT 2013

On 4/4/2013 2:39 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> My mellow 's coming back - I have a couple candidate donors for such an
> operation...
>
> Lionel

'probe-ide' will tell you if the sun can see it and if it does 'boot
cdrom' should work fine.  If you only find a CD drive, and not DVD, then
you gotta download the one Solaris 10 release that was CD images they
offered. It was a couple or three revisions behind the current.  I
wonder if Oracle still has that up for download anymore. Better to find
a DVD drive.  It was 5 cd's to install. Nobody has time for that anymore.