[rescue] Help with SunFire V240 Server

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 16:39:33 CDT 2013

My mellow 's coming back - I have a couple candidate donors for such an
operation...

Lionel

On Apr 4, 2013, at 5:18 PM, mc68010 <mc68010 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/4/2013 2:11 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> Dude, you are hard hing my mellow! ;^)
>
> Heh sorry about that.
>
> Most of these servers (Sun and x86) used the same 'laptop' style optical
drives. They just sort of slide in. You might have to unscrew any latching
tabs but, I've used all sorts of random IDE cd drives out of Dell's and Compaq
rackmount stuff in v210 and v240. The only difference I found, in most, is
where they screw whatever metal latch they use on the drive. You wont be able
to lock it in place but, it's not going anywhere anyway. They fit very snug.